Friday, September 4, 2015

September Blog Hop + Givewaway

Hi Stampers!

Welcome to another exciting month BLOG HOP! The team is challenged to take the Backpack #2 pattern and design a different look with coordinating cards. Is this your first hop, then you will need start at the beginning with Sandy Mott.

School is back in session and this month is a great way hop along with a backpack pattern. I can’t wait to celebrate this release with you with my Creative Circle designer team! We hope the creative ideas along the way gets you inspired to have FUN and craft this weekend!



This is the original Backpack #2. It is easy to build. If you don't have an electronic cutter, the PDF pattern comes with the original size. All you need to do is to trace or print on CS and cut them out.



Here is my take new take. In line with the Backpack #2, I decided to create an owl look. The owl is wise, and the coordinating cards are "thank yous" and "congratulations". It can also hold a gift card such Starbucks.






Here is a closer look at my Backpack #2 - Owl Bag. I used the Striped Scallop Thinlits Die to create his feather. The scallop layer was attached, and trimmed. Each little featherettes is embossed with early espresso ink and curled with bottom curve.

Rather than a straight edge top cover, I brought in the top note through MDS and adjusted the length and width (I will put this in with the downloads).

The eyes, I used various sizes of circle punch and added googlie eyes.

The nose is a circle punch, punch out of DP paper, and I colored the DP with orange marker.

The feet, I used large oval punch, and then shaped it with the paper snips.



The back side, rather than leaving it plain or create the feather look, I cut a heart shape and arrow and then I embossed the back with Woodgrain Embossing folder before adding the back to the project.

Wanna a chance to win? Leave me a comment. I need ideas from you. What 3Ds would like to see?

Comment on my blog post to let me know. I will be drawing a random commenter to win a copy of the Backpack #2, and you will be chosen as my next month's guest designer (must have an e-cutter). Comment on the stops along the way for even more chances to win.

Winners will be drawn on September 20.

If you can't wait, you can purchase this pattern here 




Here is an alternative use for the Back Pack 2.

I used the Back Pack 2 pattern. The eyes are from the retired Daisy 2 die and I just layered them together. They eyes are attached with 1-1/4" basic black circles and then nested with 1" circles of crush curry cs. 

I had some jumbo eyes from my crafting days, and it was perfect for this project. 





Let’s get hopping! Click on the badge and hop on over Barb Stenzel!
The Full Hop:

Liz Holloway (me)


September Gift To You

During the month of September, for all orders of $50 or more to my online store or through me, you will receive this pre-cut Back Pack and tutorial mailed to you.

After you place your qualifying order, I will ship you the pre-cut materials and pattern. If you select 'No Contact' when you order, I have no contact information on you. So please send me an e-mail.

View the Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online and when you are ready, please order HERE. 

I ship ACROSS Canada! Join my team InkRedible Crafters Team and I will get you started. My InkRedible Crafters Team receives my 3D patterns FREE!

Me & Friends FB hangouts site - Canadian Papercraft Cards Scrapbook. This is a closed private page by invites only.

13 comments:

  1. Love how you did your brown owl's feathers. Clever. And your white owl is so cute with her feathery, fluffy flower eyes. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally adorable! For us owl lovers out there, it would be a great addition to our collection. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those owl backpacks are adorable. Love those big white daisy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable owls! As usual, your designs are perfectly decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable owls! As usual, your designs are perfectly decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, Liz, Liz!!! These are delightful!!!!
    Made me smile all over upon first sighting!!!
    (I so adore what you do with paper!)
    (((hugs))) from Texas!
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this backpack, the Owls are adorable! I am trying to get to the website to buy the pattern, but I'm having problems with the link. I want to make a couple of these, one for my daughter and one for my daughter in law! PS...I love the daisy eyes! Great idea 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I have updated the link. Can you try it again and let me know? Thanks.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the owls. Any chance you would do a hegehog?? They are my favorites. I would love to see him as a box for cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - the Owls are simply adorable! Love them all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grand daughters would love love love the owls!

    I think ANYTHING you make 3D would be perfect! love anything with card sets or for teacher gifts, also would love to see gift ideas for care givers because I'm always needing these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the basic one and the variations! I love any kind of 3d,s especially ones that can be used for gifts, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK this is way too cute!! Our son's school mascot is an owl - this would be perfect for teacher gifts! Love the daisy eyes : ) Thanks for the chance to play !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.