Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SUO Challenge #130 – Cards for Friends!

Hi Stampers!



Another SUO Challenge is on the rise - Cards for Friends! over at the SUO Challenge Blog. I always make a stash of cards, especially for my friends because they are so hard to come by, next to sisters, of course.

A card for someone you care should have a special WOW signature on them. When they see details, the recipient knows that there is a lot of TLCs.


I used the stamp set called Fabulous Florets (retired now) but still my all time favourite set. The technique I used on this card is called faux glass which is stamped on window sheet. I stamped the flower twice, colored, fussy cut and layered and then I used the heat tool to curl the plastic.

The sentiment is from the Sheltering Tree stamp set and the embossing folder is non-SU embossing folder as Stampin' Up! did not carry embossing folders at that time, (sorry!) but you can be easily substituted with the Lovely Lace EF which is similar to this one.

I have a lot of unfinished stash and this time, I challenged myself to bring in something from the old to create something new. The old card had burlap strands wrapped behind the flower and I replaced it with gold metallic thread and finished off with a current sentiment. I also had a vintage button in the centre of the flower and I ripped that off too, and replaced it with a rhinestone jewels. I wanted show you that no matter how old the card / stash may be, by adding new products, it will make your card look new again.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. I will be happy to answer them.


September Gift To You

During the month of September, for all orders of $50 or more to my online store or through me, you will receive this pre-cut Back Pack and tutorial mailed to you.

After you place your qualifying order, I will ship you the pre-cut materials and pattern. If you select 'No Contact' when you order, I have no contact information on you. So please send me an e-mail.



View the Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online and when you are ready, please order HERE. 
I ship ACROSS Canada! Join my team InkRedible Crafters Team and I will get you started. My InkRedible Crafters Team receives my 3D patterns FREE!

Me & Friends FB hangouts site - Canadian Papercraft Cards Scrapbook. This is a closed private page by invites only.

3 comments:

  1. Love the glass flower. THanks for joining the challenge at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is the first time I have seen that done - way cool!!! And a beautiful card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a WOW card...love that glass flower! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.