Thursday, February 4, 2016

Your Special

Hi Stampers,


Welcome to the February CCDT blog hop. If come from Barb's site you come to the right place. Just keep hopping and eventually you come back to this site. This month the CCDT decided keep it simple with just a card hop.

February is filled with love, whether you are celebrating valentines or a just because card. The team decided to create a card that has a heart in it. Here is my take.


For my card, I used the Rose Wonder die set. This technique is called the inlaid technique. The rose and the leaves are embedded into the designer paper while adding a splash of color behind the die cut.

I wanted my rose to be a "wow" factor as I was swapping with some of the ladies in town at the Stamp-a-licious Fun! event which is happening in 2 days. The petals were darkened with re-inkers and then when it dried, I went back with the reinkers and aquapainter pen to give the shaded look.



Here is a tutorial on how it's made.
Cut (1) 4-1/4 x 11 thick whisper white cs, and score at 5-1/2.
Cut (1) 4 x 5-1/4 basic black cs.
Cut (1) 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 DP (designer paper) - I used English Garden.

  1. I die cut the rose out of basic black cs. I also die cut the rose out of DP and use the negative part for the inlay technique (inlay technique means that you are adding pieces together to fit in the opening).
  2. I laid the black cs into the DP, and then using scraps behind the DP to cover the openings, trimming off the unwanted pieces. I used real red cs for the rose and green DPs for the leaves.
  3. Once you have covered the openings, lay the DP onto the basic black mat and then onto the base card. Stamp the sentiment and adhere to the card. I added tiny hearts to the sentiment and accent it with crystal effect. 
NB: "Your" is spelled wrong but can be easily fixed by using a gel pen and adding an "E". No on will know that there is an error.
  1. As well, to create the raindrops, I randomly added blobs of crystal effect and let it dry overnight.
  2. The whole rose is covered in Wink of Stella, and then when that is dried, I took the reinkers and my aquapainter and made feather-like strokes to create the shading of the petals.
It is very pretty in real life! Give it a try!

Now hop over to Fran's blog here.

3. Liz Holloway (That's Me!)
4. Fran Cassidy Sabad

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

If you are in Salt Lake City during April 12-17, 2016 for onStage convention, come and visit us. My team are there teaching this class. For more information click here





January/February Gift To You
 

During the month of January, for all orders of $50 or more to my online store or through me, you will receive this pre-cut Box and tutorial mailed to you. After you place your qualifying order, I will ship you the pre-cut materials and pattern. If you select 'No Contact' when you order, I have no contact information on you. So please send me an e-mail. View the Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online and when you are ready, please order HERE.
I ship ACROSS Canada! Join my team InkRedible Crafters Team and I will get you started. My InkRedible Crafters Team receives my 3D patterns FREE! Me & Friends FB hangouts site - Canadian Papercraft Cards Scrapbook. This is a closed private page by invites only.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.