Sunday, May 22, 2016

Imagine the Possibilities

Hello Friends!

Most of you who follows me on FB knows that I am in the process of selling my current home, and moving to a large home with a larger stamp room so I have been cleaning away and neglecting the blog. Well you know how it goes!

I got tired of cleaning, and decided that today is the day to play.



I have been wanting to play with mixed media and this was a perfect time for some home decor.

I had purchased a small canvas to play as I really don't know much about mixed media other than adding layers upon layers. It was small and so I didn't have to worry about wastage. 



The canvas was white so I added a layer of gesso and let it dry. Then brayered on a color of Flirty Flamingo ink on, with a dabble of Emerald Envy, dabble of Dapper Denim.
Then I used the heart mask (retired) and molding paste. When the mold paste dried, I went over it with gesso paint to bring out the white hearts.

When the hearts dried, I added another layer of gesso on the whole canvas. To be honest, this was not the achievement that I looking for, and made some mistakes along the way. The classic inks kept blending together, and had to make sure it was dried before adding more layers. The colors were too intense so, add kept adding gesso until got "look" I wanted.




I then added stamped images using the Swirly Bird stamp set and just randomly stamped on the canvas. Let that dry, and then I wanted to add the word "home" but did not have any words with home so I settled with "Imagine the Possibilities" from the Word Play stamp set. Stamped the word using black archival ink and let that dry.




For the butterflies, I die cut the butterflies out with basic black cardstock, and covered the area with mod podge, and waited for this to dry.


As I didn't like the black, and then went over with a finger dauber using the dapper denim classic ink and flirty flamingo classic ink. I then adhere the butterflies together and added to the canvas.

Anyways back to cleaning. Love to hear from you, especially from those who do a lot of mixed medias!



I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code show in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If you order is over $200 CDN, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the REWARDS! 

Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator! 

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.


Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:
Liz Holloway Design Business Page
Canadian Papercraft Cards Scrapbook. (by invites only).
Cards, etc. (Demos only).

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Liz!! Fabulous colors ... LUV the mix of elements! Wooooohoooooooo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.