Saturday, June 4, 2016

Creative Circle Blog Hop: Anything Goes!

Hello Friends!
Welcome to another Creative Circle blog hop. If you just landing here, thank you for stopping by. If you landed from Sandy's blog you have come to the right place!

This month, we say goodbye to Barb Stencel and we welcome two newest members to the Creative Circle Design Team, Lynn Streifert and Carol Swann. Both will bring great inspirations for you! As for Fran Sabad, she is vacationing for awhile, and we hope to see her return.

This month's hop is Anything Goes! That means whether you have a card or a 3D or a technique, it is all about the designer.

For me, I am a 3D queen, and I have a niece who is graduating from high school, and is special to me. I decided to make her a backpack using my back pack #2 pattern and the Playful Palette Designer Series pack paper.



Rather than using magnets for the flap enclosure, I changed the clasp so that the flap can be secured down in a locking position. I plan on adding Sephora products in the bag which will be too heavy for the magnets to keep the flap closed. I made a clasp in a turn style locking mechanism which will be stronger to hold the flap closed and is suitable for this cute back pack. 

I also added the letter "M" to represent "Michelle". It is cut with my e-cutter, and I layered it 3x to give it some dimensions, and add wink of stella to give the sparkles. The buttons are just the basic pearls, and colored them with a sharpie marker.



Of course, I can't give a back pack without enclosing a card.

I made this card using the large number dies. I spaced and die cut out the numbers evenly across the Playful Palette Designer Series pack. I then outlined the numbers with a sharpie marker to give a slight outline before adding the window sheet. Each number is then outlined with our new foam strip and then add purple sequins in the #2 and #1 and glass beads in #0 and #6.


As I continue to design, the 2016 card didn't have any meaning to it to show that she is graduating so I created a cap and tassle. The cap is sitting on Wobble Action mechanism, so that the graduation cap wobbles back and forth when the card moves.


So much fun!  
Thanks again so much for stopping by!  If you love these projects and can't wait to get some of the things I've used, I would be so grateful if you would purchase them through my online store!  Every time you order through lizhollowaydesign, my heart soars, and I think of more ways to inspire you through my awesomeness and amazing stamping projects!  
Now click on the icon below, and it will bring you to Lynn Streifert's blog.
Be sure to hop all the way!
1. Sandy 
2. Liz --> you are here.
3. Lynn 
4. Carol



If you want to join the Creative Circle Design Team, we are accepting applications. Term is until December, and we will revisit again for a renewal. Please send me links to your artwork. You must have the following:

  • e-cutter (electronic cutter such as silhouette, eclipse, scan and cut)
  • Facebook account
  • Active blog (can be personal blog or DBWS)


Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator! 

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.


Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:
Liz Holloway Design Business Page
Canadian Papercraft Cards Scrapbook. (by invites only).
Cards, etc. (Demos only).

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I especially like how you outlined the cutout numbers and made the shaker and then added the wobbly hat. How fun! The buckles and straps look so real on the backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your backpack and graduation card! Your niece will love them too I'm sure, TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This backpack pattern is another must have! Love it, especially with the Playful Palette! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the little bag is totally adorable! And the graduation card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.