Thursday, June 30, 2016

Swirly Cheers

Hello Friends!





I honestly cannot get enough of the Swirly Bird Bundle with the coordinating dies. There are so many possibilities.

In this card, I wanted to play with the inColor, the dapper denim and emerald envy inks.

The step-by-step instructions below will show you how this card is accomplished.

Step 1: 
Cut (1) 4-1/4" x 11" of Whisper White Thick Cardstock, and score at 5-1/2". Stamp the dots in dapper denim ink to create the splashes on the whisper white thick cardstock. Set aside. This is your base card.


Step 2: 
Die cut the waves with Swirly Scribble die in dapper denim cardstock and sponge the positive piece in dapper denim ink to give a bit more color. Save some of the negative pieces because you will need it to give the inlay effect with the two colors. Die cut the waves in emerald envy cardstock, and only kept the negative pieces. The positive piece can be kept for another use.

Step 3:
Adhere the positive piece of dapper denim cardstock onto the base card.

Step 4:
Inlay the negative pieces to positive piece. I used 2 negative pieces of dapper denim and 3 negative pieces of emerald envy.

Step 5:
Sponge dapper denim ink and emerald envy ink, blending the two inks together until you get the consistency you want. Ensuring that you get inside the crevasses too!

Step 6:
Die cut the word "cheers" from the Greeting Thinlits die in crumb cake cardstock. Adhere to the base card.

Step 7:
Stamp the sails in dapper denim ink onto remnants of whisper white cardstock and fussy cut the sails. (TIP: when stamping the sails, I line the two stamps together on the block, and stamp onto the cardstock).

Step 8:
Stamp the boat in crumb cake ink onto remnants of crumb cake cardstock and fussy cut the boat.

Step 9:
Adhere steps 7 and 8 to the base card.

Step 10:
Sponge the sun in peekaboo peach, and then die cut the swirl in peekaboo peach cardstock. You can sponge the die cut too if you want.

That is it! Be sure to leave me a comment, or if you have any questions, I am here to help. I love hearing from you!

Swing back next week, as I will show you how to upscale it to a WOW card, using the same layout.















I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code show in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If you order is over $200 CDN, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the REWARDS!
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!


You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post.

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:

Cards, etc. (Demos only).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.