Wednesday, August 3, 2016

CCDT Blog Hop - Wedding / Love

Hello Friends!
Welcome to another month of the Creative Circle Design Team blog hop. This month is about weddings and we are challenged to create a card with "wedding" themes.

In this post, I am going to say "AIYAH" over and over again. In the Chinese culture we use this expression to express frustration, trouble, or empathy.

Having said that, July has come and gone and we are into the month of August. As of today's post, that means in 13 days my family and I will be moving in into our new place. YES we are MOVING! I convinced my husband that it is time to think about "us" and "retirement".

AIYAH #1 - We've BOUGHT and we've SOLD!
The frustration was trying to look for a house that we both like, and not settle for a just an ok house. We didn't want to be pressured so we took our time looking. Every time we looked, housing prices jumped within weeks. This is a long story so I won't bore you with it. There were a lot of AIYAH moments! Those who have gone through this can understand. 

AIYAH #2 - Packing!
I have been de-cluttering, selling and disposing 17 years of stuff! Not sure why we keep unused stuff for so long!

AIYAH #3 - Limited Supplies!
With everything packed! I only had a big shot, red foil sheets, remnants of basic black cardstocks and the Sunshine Wishes dies.




Wholly man! Talk about challenge! I am not used to doing a non-layer card! I have limited supplies that were not packed yet and had to work with what I have without unpacking everything.

Here is what I came up with.



It is clean & easy card that can be reduplicated multiple times. You know that July, August and September months are usually wedding months so it is a great way to stock up.

This card is a multipurpose use. This card can be used for anniversary too or just a note card to say "Love You".

This card is very straight-forward so I won't go into too much details. 

One TIP I have for you, if you are doing a bunch of these cards, die-cut out all your "heart" and "love". Lay them on a flat surface (outside), and use the Elmer's Spray Glue. You can buy this can from Michael's. Very inexpensive.




Spray a light layer of glue on the back side and lift it up with a tweezers. Be sure to have your base cards ready.

Click on the ICON BELOW and hop on over to our next designer Lynn Streifert's blog. Fabulous work that you must see!




http://lynnzcrafters.com/2016/08/04/creative-circle-blog-hop-weddings/





I hope you enjoyed this project, and if you need more information on joining the Inkredible Crafter's Team, please email me. 
    
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!


You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:



Cards, etc. (Demos only).


5 comments:

  1. I could only wish to make such a great card with the limited supplies you had! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best on your move Liz! What a sweet and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can actually attest to the fact that the food was delicious because, unlike other hosts who I hear never get to eat a bite, there was a staff member by my side every so often kindly reminding me to eat! At DC wedding venues we received the best possible service.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.