Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October CCDT Hop - POP Up!

Hello Friends!

Welcome to CCDT October Blog Hop!

It sure feels like forever since we last hop. In fact we only missed one month which was September. 

The CCDT is resuming again. 

First, a big thanks to our past crew member Fran Sabad who joined the CCDT since the beginning. She is an amazing designer. We will miss her!


Second, we welcome our newest crew, Michelle Suitwhich we are all familiar with. I have no doubt she will bring you great inspirations. You can find her when you click on her name.


Third, if you hopped over from Sandy's blog, you have come to the right place. Our October hop begins with this fun fold - POP UP! Insert. I have been seeing so many POP UPs in the social media, that I wanted to make one too. I followed Dawn Griffith's video tutorial, and I gave up after the 3rd turn and scoring. My brain doesn't work as well as they used to so remembering all the measurements can be a challenge when you want to do a bunch of POP Up cards. 


I like simple! Instead, I mapped out my measures to work with my electronic machine so that I don't have to think too much. Just add paper and push the button to cut. If you don't have an e-cutter, I highly recommend you getting one as it saves time. Time is essential for me.

I use my e-cutter daily as it is my right hand man.

With my POP Up, I used (1x) 12x12 the By the Shore DP for the inserts and the POP Up. The DP had extra spaces so rather than wasting it, I created extra pieces to use as decorative panels as you see on panels 2 and 4 below. It actually cuts 4 pieces but I only use 2 out of the 4 and really no wastage.




Where the dotted lines are the folds. See it in action, view here.


Panel 3 was cut to 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" of Whisper White cardstock and embossed with our gorgeous Seaside embossing folder. I then sponge the embossed panel with Dapper Denim ink. I also stamped the Angel Fish from Seaside Shore stamp set in Dapper Denim, fussy cut him and add some Wink of Stella

The seaweed was stamped with Garden Green ink onto Mint Macaroon cardstock and then sponged with Garden Green ink to pull the colors in to create nice shade of green.

I needed a boy fishing so I was on the hunt of a boy fishing. I found Huckleberry Fin on pinterest. I had to tweak so that it was not too detail to cut, and I raised his fishing pole up to accommodate the panel.


Then I wound our silver metallic thread around the fishing pole to make it look like the fishing pole was tangled up and Huckleberry did hook his fish.

Here is what my front looks like.



and this is what the inside looks like.



The designer paper is so gorgeous, you really don't need to do much. 

Now if you would like a copy of the SVG or Silhouette file, leave me a comment with your email address and name. Answer this question, What would like to see on future posts?

Now hop onto my talented friend's blog, Lynn Streifert's blog by clicking on the icon!


Blog hop:

Sandy Mott
Liz Holloway <--- that's me
Lynn Streifert
Michelle Suit




I hope you enjoyed this project. If you need more details, please email me at liz.holloway@gmail.com.


Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:

Cards, etc. (Demos only).

4 comments:

  1. Liz- I absolutely love your card, what a perfect birthday card for that special guy. I may make this for my brother as he loves to fish. The possibilities are endless, thank you so much for sharing your talented design with us! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't find the link to the fisherman black silhouette. Can you please help? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creation Liz! I hope to make one for my fishing friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.