Saturday, November 12, 2016

Merry Mice!

Hello Friends!

I'm breathing for air again! I don't know how everyone does it but keeping an updated blog is tough!





The word is out, yes, I have a laser cutter, and I have been testing the waters! I had a huge order of bone folders to engrave, and this what it looks like. If you want one, just email me. Cost is $11.10 for locals, and if live afar, then we will discuss the shipping. Sorry, Canada only but if you are in the US, contact my friend Tamra Davis.

Next up, Christmas Cards ... I knew that I should not have procrastinated. Now I am backlogged! I have not yet played with the Merry Mice and this was a perfect opportunity. I have an order for Christmas Cards to get to. Yeah for my business!

I was trying to work it so that I don't have to fussy cut, and use my laser cutter to do all the work.


In order for my laser cutter to do all the fussy cutting, I stamped, traced, scanned, and converted to an image (just the outline). Tweaked it so that it cuts around his body, tail and hat.


I cut a template (the negative), and lined it up with my MISTI and the rest was history. I cannot believe how much time it saved me. It was like ink, stamp, remove; ink, stamp, remove; ink, stamp, remove. You get it? The Merry Mice lined up every time I stamped.

When all the Merry Mice were cut, then it was an assembly line to color them all in.


The coloring mediums I used are the Zig Markers (non-Stampin' Up!) with the aquapainters, and I wanted the Merry Mice to be bright and colorful. Then I added a little bit of Wink of Stella clear to his hat (hard to see) but it is beautiful in Real Life.


I still love this Northern Star embossing folder which is retired and I cannot depart from. This is still my all time favourite embossing folder for Christmas.


Here is a complete card of the Merry Mice. Base card is 11" x 4-1/4", score at 5-1/2" in Whisper White Thick cs. The mat is cut at 5" x 3 3/4" Pacific Point cs, and my focal point is cut at 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" in Whisper White cs.

The focal mat was placed on the MISTI so that the stars in the background are stamped before I ran through the embossing folder. Then I applied the cut and colored image to the focal point with mono glue.

To add a little contrast, I added sequins to the card.



I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code show in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If you order is over $200 CDN, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the REWARDS!
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!
You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 
I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 
And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:
Cards, etc. (Demos only).

2 comments:

  1. Love this, what brand of laser cutter did you get, this is a neat way to do a lot of cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, you can you use any e-cutter. I have a laser as I do so much cutting. If you are looking at an e-cutter, go with Silhouette Cameo. It is very easy to use. Hope that helps. If you are looking for the template it is in the Cards, etc. FB page under files called "Merry Mouse1".

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.