Wednesday, January 4, 2017

CCDT January Blog Hop: Love is in the Air!

Hello Friends! 

Sweet Jesus, where has the time gone! I cannot believe that 2016 is over! I hope you had a fantastic 2016 and Happy New Year everyone!


2017 starts off with another fantastic 3D hop from the CCDT Team. This month's theme is "Love is in the Air!"

NOTE: This post is long, and read all the way through.

When the 2017 Occasions catalogue came out, I immediately knew that I was going to make a 3D Hot Air Balloon.

This was my initial prototype using the new Carried Away DSP (143608) from the 2017 Occasions. It is a free standing Hot Air Balloon. The basket is strong enough to hold all the balloon.

As we are heading into February, would it not be nice to send to the recipient with a bit of love?

I changed my project up a bit to reflect LOVE and used the Sending Love DSP (142733), and the banner and the basket with Red Glimmer Paper (121790).


As I was creating I wanted to use this like a bookend to hold my cards but the space between the basket and the card holder was too far apart to stabilize it as a bookend. I switched it, and used the box as my landing space platform. Of course, when creating I always do more!

The basket is made from our specialty designer paper board. This is great when you need something strong.

I created the fence in Crumb Cake cs (120953) and cut it out with my e-cutter and stamped with Hardwood (133035) stamp set with Early Espresso ink (126974), and then sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink to give it a weathered look.



I also created the grass in Old Olive cs (100702) and cut it out with my e-cutter and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink (126953). The platform is now ready for these cards ...



Aren't they great!! These are my over the top cards!

Lets hop over to our creative designer, Lynn Streifert, by clicking on the icon below and see how she used the 3D Love is in the Air!

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flynnzcrafters.com%2F2017%2F01%2F05%2Fcreative-circle-design-team-love-is-in-the-air%2F&h=BAQFPJaIw
If you need to return to a specific team's hop, here is the list.

Sandra Mott
Liz Holloway <<< YOU ARE HERE
Lynn Streifert
Kate Creasey

Want a copy of the pattern? You have these options.

Option 1. FREE with a $25 (before taxes) order online. Please use the online code B7W2JQHC. You will receive:
  • A step-by-step Class to Go instructions.
  • Patterns for 3D Hot Air Balloon, Fence + Grass in SVG, PDF and Silhouette.
  • Measurements for the coordinating cards.
  • How To Videos for the 3D Hot Air Balloon, and coordinating cards.
Once the online notice is received, I will send a download code to my online store. Please make sure you do not check off "no contact", otherwise, I will not be able to send you the code.

Option 2 (BEST OPTION). FREE with a $40  (before taxes) order through me. You will receive:
  • Everything in option 1.
  • Pre-laser cut materials for the 3D Hot Air Balloon, platform, fence and grass.
  • Clear Mount "Lift Me Up", valued at $32 (if you have that set, you can order something equivalent).
  • SVG, PDF and Silhouette formats for Small Hot Air Balloon Pattern, Large Hot Air Balloon Pattern and the backgrounds (large & small). This will help you for mass production classes. 
  • Postage included.
Holding a class? You can purchase an additional Pre-laser cut materials for the 3D Hot Air Balloon, platform, fence and grass for $5 each.

Option 3. FREE. You can win a copy of the pattern, just put a comment. I will announce it at the end of FB Live.

I will be doing a FB Live on Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time on how to assemble the 3D Hot Air Balloon. Please join me here https://www.facebook.com/lizhollowaydesign/. Be to like this page so that you will receive the LIVE notice!


   
I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code show in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If you order is over $200 CDN, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the REWARDS!
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!
You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 
I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 
And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:





Cards, etc. (Demos only).



15 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Wow-you have outdone yourself with this project! Love the hot air balloon and what a great idea for the card holder base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the stand and the cards to match too! Wow! this is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I stumbled on this on Pinterest and it took my breath away!! How amazing and what a fabulous idea!! I adore hot air balloons!! :-) Thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I have always loved Hot Air Balloons! When I saw this I knew I'd have to try to makeone. Hoping you'll draw my name for a free copy of the pieces to make one! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liz, your talents are too numerous to mention in this short space! I absolutely love this Hot Air Balloon project and your landing pad is precious! Kudos on such an awesome design, I'm going to practice some more with my machine and want to try it again. thanks for all you do for CCDT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I was blown away when I saw this hot air balloon. Your talents are never ending. I would love to put one of these in my new granddaughter's room. She will be born in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is wonderfull and so creative !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for doing the live video! The hot air balloon is Wonderful! Can't wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Liz! I enjoyed your construction video and even though I don't own an e-cutter (yet - people such as you keep weakening my resolve!), I simply have to try to create this! I would like to use it as a centerpiece for my table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was awesome, I have an ecutter and need to learn how to make better use of it. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, since I wasn't lucky enough to win the tutorial package.... Is there an option for buying it? I see it is free with purchase, but as a demonstrator, I'd prefer to simply buy the tutorial Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same request as Lorree. Since the oportunity to leave a comment has passed and I'm a demo from the US who has alreay purchased the Stampin' Up! products, how can I purchase the tutorial. I'm looking for a pdf file or a Cricut cutting file.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.