Sunday, January 22, 2017

New Year Chicks

Hello Friends! 

Chinese New Year is next week and we will be celebrating the Lunar this Saturday!

I always create a new card for my parents, and this year I used they Hey, Chick from the Sale-a-Bration. Did you know that if you place an order of $60, you can get yourself this set FREE? Let me know, and I will be happy to help you.

Red and gold are my favourite colors. Not only that it is rich in color but it means lucky too.



The Whisper White cs is cut at 3 3/4" x 5" and I embossed the Whisper White panel with the Hexagon embossing folder. But before I send the Whisper White through the Big Shot, I inked embossing folder with Night of Navy ink (the impression part, lay my Whisper White, and crank it through the big shot). That is how I got the chicken wire look.

I added a 3 7/8" x 5 1/4" of Foil Gold as my mat and then secured to the base card which measures 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".


The wording in the main panel is designed and cut with my e-cutter. The word means "Rooster" in Chinese, and I added a 2017 below the word Rooster and added Gold Foil behind the cut word. Having an e-cutter, you can do so much more! If you don't have one, it is a must, especially when you are looking to find custom cards.

Chinese writing are so hard to come by that I started creating my own using my e-cutter.


I stamped the funky rooster in archival black on whisper white, fussy cut him and applied colors to his head in Red & Gold and his tail and real red.


The inside is created using my Fun Fold insert (yes, this is in the e-cutter form), and brought in the chicken wires through out.

Inside the panels, and I added the word "Happy Chinese New Year" in Gold Foil, and stamped a hen and fussy cut it out.


When I created this I was trying to figure how to add a pocket to hold money in it. So I decided to cut a 2 1/2" x 2" and apply two pockets to the middle pieces. Here I stuck 2x $50 for each of my parent.

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code show in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If you order is over $200 CDN, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the REWARDS!
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:

Cards, etc. (Demos only).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.