Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CCDT Blog Hop: March Madness

Hello Friends!




Welcome to another episode of the CCDT Blog Hop. This month's theme is March Madness.


For my March Madness, I decided to revert to my trusty Back Pack 2 template ... which can be purchased here.

What does March Madness mean to you? To me, it means Spring, Green, my bestie's birthday, and my oldest turning 24 at the end of March.


Since this post is dedicated to my bestie for her birthday on March 4, I used the Inside the Line Designer Series Paper (DSP) (available during SAB for FREE ... deadline March 31, 2017) as my Back Pack liner. This DSP is perfect for her as she is a designer by trade and does designs for Commercial Carpets.

I changed the style so that instead of one strap in the front as shown in my store. I altered it to have two straps on each side. The front flap is made a little longer and the closure is secured with a button that I made from acrylic but you can use any buttons.


The sentiment on the Back Pack 2 is a pouch to hold a gift card which will be purchased later when I see her. I stamped Happy Birthday with whisper white craft ink and heat embossed the white embossing powder.


The back straps I used 10" of Black Satin ribbon instead of cs.




I want to continue with the Inside the Line Designer Paper and made 3 coordinating cards. Each using the DP with a different element.





Card 1: "It's Your Birthday", the DSP is cut at 4-1/4" x 2" with a small 1/2" strip of Garden Green cs. I colored the DP with our Marvelous Markers and blending them in with a darker color to give some shades and depth. Stamped the sentiment in archival black ink and add the die cut dragonfly.



Card 2: "Happy Birthday". I used the Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies (142753) to cut the image out. To get the exact cutting around the balloons, cut (1) 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" DP to match the front of the CS. Die cut both pieces together. and with your DP, snip away the connecting balloons. Color and adhere the DP to the base card. 

The strings were colored with my Garden Green marvelous marker. I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment and added a die cut bumblebee from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies (142749).

With regards to the balloons, they were die cut in Delightful Dijon, Perfect Plum and Garden Green cs with the coordinating inks to add dimensions.



Card 3: This piece was a bit harder trying to get the various shades of greens. When creating this card, I first thought that there was too much green so I add some Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron to the mix. It turned out so beautiful! I then stamped the sentiment "let's celebrate!" from the Balloon Adventures stamp set (142823) in Whisper White craft ink and heat set with embossing powder.

Now hop on over to our next designer, Lynn Streifert by clicking on the icon. 

Sandra Mott
Liz Holloway <-- you are here
Lynn Streifert
Kate Creasey 



I hope you enjoyed these projects. If you need to purchase any of these products, please let me know. I would be happy to help you. Remember if you put an order of $50 or more, you can get a copy of the Back Pack 2 FREE.


Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:

Cards, etc. (Demos only).

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Liz, I don't know how you do it! That backback is fantastic!! I think the matching cards are fun and your friend will love getting these handmade gifts by you. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, what a wonderful package! You amaze me with your creativity and that hand bag is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, BEAUTIFUL! Tutorial ... lol?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous bag! Your bestie will be an even bestie after receiving this creative gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There exists practically a full week March Madness of action before the NCAA tournament

    announces their field on Selection Weekend. But even though that

    won't happen until Drive 12, March Madness

    Live
    it's easier than you think to project the four Little.

    1 seeds in Drive Madness.

    The four top seeds should be March Madness Live Stream

    shielding national champion Villanova, North Carolina, Kansas and

    Gonzaga. Those four have recently been at the top of the rankings and possess also been the selections of bracketologists March Madness Bracket like ESPN's May well

    Lunardi and March Madness 2017 s Jerry Palm, and it could be a surprise if they didn't emerge at the conclusion of the

    meeting tournaments that will be held at throughout the week.

    Villanova (28-3, 15-3 Big East) has put together a sensational season after beating New you are

    able to in last year's March Madness 2017 Live

    nationwide title game. Head instructor Jay Wright has held his foot on the gas pedal, and the Wildcats have continued to produce on a

    steady most basic. NCAA March Madness

    Villanova is the Zero. 1 seed in the Big East tournament 2017 March Madness , and while that league has regularly

    produced upsets in the conference tournament, it would be somewhat of a shocker if the Wildcats

    didn't make it to it game. In the event that they face second-seeded

    Retainer, it could be a good game that will go down to the cable

    because Butler has outdone Villanova twice. When it is any other Big East team, the Wildcats would be a significant

    favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.