Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April CCDT Blog Hop: Spring/Easter

Hello Friends!



Today we are excited to present a new crew member to the CCDT. Please help me welcome Laurence Mirman!



This girl has talents! She blew me away with this 3D Hot Air Balloon, Love is in the Air, when she won my blog hop file in January.


What is amazing was that she cut this file using just scissors, and no e-cutter!! OMG! Just love when my files go into bloom. If you have not tried any of my files, be sure to read all the way to the end. All my patterns are full size so that you can print them to your printer onto the card stocks.


 For my partake in the CCDT monthly Blog Hop! Is it Spring or Easter?



For my hop, I chose to do a combo of the two. 

I had left over pieces from my hot air balloon while filming and decided to hack the balloon piece to create an eggshell-like form (at this stage I really didn't know what to do but to go with the instinct and not think).


I am not good at mixed-media so I dabble here and there, and using what I have on hand. The above image is covered with gesso paint as I wanted to use the dylusion sprays I have because they are bright in color when the paint dries.

I did have pictures of the sprayed images, but it was blurry to show them on my blog. The shell was sprayed like dyed eggs.

I added a chick in the shell, and placed her on top of the custom box.




Here is what I came up with Spring / Easter. The "Happy Easter" in front of the box is created with my e-cutter in basic black cs.

The box is cut in Thick Whisper White cs and decorated the panels with Animal Party Designer Series Paper. 

Here is what you need to do.
Want a copy of the box pattern? Just add a comment and provide me with your email address. Be sure to indicate whether you want the SVG, Silhouette or PDF file. If none indicated, I will send the PDF file.

So what is inside the box? It holds (3) 3 x 3 cards and envelopes. I used the Basket Bunch stamp set (143186) and the Party Animal Designer Series Paper (142738) to make it a complete set.

I did not buy the coordinating die this time, and fussy cut everything out.










Now hop over to the amazing designer, Lynn Streifert. Click on the icon and it will direct you to her blog, but before clicking the icon below, be sure to add a comment! Always love to read them.







Sandra Mott
Liz Holloway <--- you are here!
Lynn Streifert
Kate Creasey

Laurence Mirman 

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code show in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If you order is over $200 CDN, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the REWARDS!


Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:



Cards, etc. (Demos only).

4 comments:

  1. Just too cute! These are way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- that egg shell! What a brilliant idea- so many uses of your hot air balloon die! Love your little note cards too- just gorgeous! Thanks Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloomin' fun hot air balloon! Adorable box and gift cards. The eggshell and chick are too cute. Thank you for offering the box pattern. I do have a Silhouette Portrait, but as it has a smaller footprint than a Cameo, not all files can be cut on it. Given that, I would say the PDF file rather than the Silhouette file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! Love Laurence's balloon and your Easter eggshell/chick and card set is so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.