Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July CCDT Blog Hop - “Summer Fun”

Hello Friends!



Summer time, Summer is here, and it is time for Summer Fun! Welcome to my blog and it is time for the Creative Circle to put on their thinking caps again for some Summer Fun! Remember we hop once per month on the first Thursday of each month. Want to get updates when I post? Click on my business FB page. Each time I post, it will link to my FB business page and it will direct you to a specific post.

This month's theme is called "Summer Fun!" I actually had a hard time with this piece as I really didn't know what the outcome was. Normally designing cards come naturally for me when my mojo is turned on. With this month's hop, I want a fun interactive card and must have something to do with sun.

I decided to use the Pocket of Sunshine (143719) on page 64 and it comes with the coordinating Pocket Framelits (143750) which can be purchased as a bundle.
I decided to work with the sunglasses only and to see what I can come up with. I call this piece the "fashion statement sunglasses hut!" using the Color Theory Paper Stack (144193) on page 187. Sunglasses for all genders.

When I first stamped the sunglasses, and added the framelit to it, I realized that I wanted a different color lens. The sunglasses framelit does not cut out the lenses, so I created a file to work with my e-cutter.

If you don't have an e-cutter, simply stamp the sunglasses on different color cs, and fussy cut each of the lens out and glue the lenses on.


But wait, where is the FUN part? Take a closer look below? Now how did she do that?
As you pull the tab, behind the glasses reveals a phrase from the Flourishing Phrase (141534 (c) "I THINK it more often than I SAY it, but I just want to make sure you KNOW it."
The bottom glasses, I decided I want a reading glasses and rather than making a solid lens, I placed a clear window sheet behind the frames and popped them up with mini dimensionals.  I used the Jar of Love (141587) set and stamped on the left side with a sentiment "Life Feels Empty Without You" and on the right side "You Fill Me With Happiness".

I then die cut the word "sunshine" from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits (141489) and mounted onto the base card.

I cannot tell you how many times I rip this card apart and I wish I had more time to explain it here how this was made. Now that I have one made, it can be reduplicated again with lesser pain.

Until next time ... Click on the icon below, and check out what Lynn has for you!


https://lynnzcrafters.com/2017/07/06/summer-fun-with-the-creative-circle-design-team/

Sandy Mott
Liz Holloway <-- you are here
Lynn Streifert
Kate Creasey 

Laurence Mirman

I hope you enjoyed this project. Live in Canada? Come shop with me and you will have access to the StampersPlus VIP only FB group. This holds all my 3D templates and other templates, together with exclusive videos for members only and other perks.!
 
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator! 

You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post. 

I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter! 

And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus. 

Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:

StampersPlus VIP Members Only (by invites only).
SUO Demos/Designers Showcase.(Demos only).

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection of glasses! Bravo Liz it is very successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liz, what a fun way to make those sunglasses! Kudos! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Liz. I can see how much time and effort must have gone into getting this mechanism right. Awesome. What a great summer design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you soon.